Marlog 12 Recommendations
- Promoting collaboration between freight forwarders and transport companies on one side, and terminal and port operators, as well as customs authorities on the other side, will achieve the development of resilient logistic chains.
- Networking between supply chain decision makers and stakeholders is necessary to develop and provide sustainable logistic solutions to the customers.
- Promoting innovation through different management levels and across all port sectors should be the top priority for port development with a key focus on digital transformation since it has become one the main elements in terms of port and supply chain resilience.
- Developing strategic action plans is crucial for strengthening university-business collaboration while ensuring mutual benefits. In particular, they should achieve the target objectives of the collaborating universities as well as professionals in the socio-economic business partners.
- Working towards achieving modern pillars of sustainable infrastructure, smart navigation, and environmental reviews and indicators through the development of an integrated guideline for inland waterways.
- Offering more effective frameworks in terms of green development, blue economy, clean energy transition, and on-shore power supply will foster innovation and advancements in the field.
- Establishing capacity-building mechanisms will help close the gap between the current demand in the labor market in terms of qualifications and the available labor force in order to adapt to recent innovations and contemporary international trends.
- Developing short-term plans and adopting long-term strategies are essential for reducing harmful emissions caused by the marine industry. This will be accomplished through the application of green energy in the maritime industry and monitoring ships during safe passages, especially in critical and special sea areas.
- Promoting legislation locally and globally is crucial for reducing malpractice related to fishing vessels. This coincides with the establishment of specialized departments to collect and analyze data to assess respective environmental impacts due to harmful marine practices which negatively impact the marine environment.
- Encouraging technology transformation in the field of maritime transport technology will ensure harmony between green energy and the development of alternatives for current energy resources. This includes promoting the production of green energy, for example, but not limited to, green hydrogen.
- Supporting scientific research in the field of energy will lead to the provision and achievement of the most viable objectives of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Download MARLOG12 Recommendations